[TIB] Re: games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: games

     The idea of a realtime battle system in BASIC was just a joke. Even if
you could implement it, it would be slower than molasses oozing down a 45
degree incline. Don't even try it, unless you plan on making some z80 ASM
components to the game.

     As for sprites, they are merely animated graphics that can be moved (as
opposed to tiles on a map and such). As for making maps with a matrix,
createbitmaps (also matrices) to use as tiles, then assign a positive
integervalue to each tile, and put those values into wherever you want them
in the matrix.

     As for your last question, I believe that will work on any TI model
graphing calculator.

    <stupidjoke> BTW, did anyone notice that the AMS operating system for
the68k calcs is an anagram for ASM?</stupidjoke>

---------- The Fishy One's Infinite Wisdom #10: "Catholic school religion
class is like mom's home cooking. Both leave a bad aftertaste and give you
heartburn." New wisdom every week!

>From: Zach Tong
>To: ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: [TIB] Re: games
>Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:59:23 -0400
>

>hmmm...what exactly do you mean as a realtime battle system?? like amortal
>combat thing, or more like mega man shoot-the-enemy-before-he-shoots-you
type of
>thing.
>
>also, i've heard of sprites alot. what are they really? and how would i
make
>maps with matricies?? would tose also includ "hotspots" where certain
things
>happen, like a monster pops up or you fall in a hole? thanks
>
>oh, another question, for the TI-83 the only way yuo can set the Xmin/max
and
>Ymin/max values is to do this:
>
>0->Xmin
>94->Xmax
>
>does this work on 83+??
>
>zach
>
>Matthew Waters wrote:
>

>>You want something different? Try a realtime battle system! =)
>>
>>Seriously, the stuff you mentioned would be more than enough to make it
>>standout. My only reccomendation is to kill the text-based interface and
use
>>sprites and matrix maps. I can help you with this if you need it.
>>

>>Speaking of graphical BASIC RPGs, could anyone tell me the proper
arguments
>>for "drawmode" when using the "line" and other graph-based commands?
>>
>>---------- The Fishy One's Infinite Wisdom #10: "Catholic school religion
>>class is like mom's home cooking. Both leave a bad aftertaste and give you

>>heartburn." New wisdom every week!
>>
>>>From: Zach Tong
>>>To: ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org
>>>Subject: [TIB] games
>>>Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:10:49 -0400
>>>

>>>also, i want to program a really great rpg kind of game. and i want
>>something that is
>>>more of a challenge, not one of those mindless click the attack button.
any