From: Zach Tong <zachtong@go-concepts.com>
To: ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [TIB] Re: games
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:59:23 -0400

hmmm...what exactly do you mean as a realtime battle system??  like amortal
combat thing, or more like mega man shoot-the-enemy-before-he-shoots-you
type of
thing.

also, i've heard of sprites alot.  what are they really?  and how would i
make
maps with matricies??  would tose also includ "hotspots" where certain
things
happen, like a monster pops up or you fall in a hole?  thanks

oh, another question,  for the TI-83 the only way yuo can set the Xmin/max
and
Ymin/max values is to do this:

0->Xmin
94->Xmax

does this work on 83+??

zach

Matthew Waters wrote:

 > You want something different? Try a realtime battle system! =)
 >
 > Seriously, the stuff you mentioned would be more than enough to make it
 > standout. My only reccomendation is to kill the text-based interface and
use
 > sprites and matrix maps. I can help you with this if you need it.
 >

 > Speaking of graphical BASIC RPGs, could anyone tell me the proper
arguments
 > for "drawmode" when using the "line" and other graph-based commands?
 >
 > ---------- The Fishy One's Infinite Wisdom #10: "Catholic school religion
 > class is like mom's home cooking. Both leave a bad aftertaste and give
you
 > heartburn." New wisdom every week!
 >
 > >From: Zach Tong
 > >To: ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org
 > >Subject: [TIB] games
 > >Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:10:49 -0400
 > >

 > >also, i want to program a really great rpg kind of game. and i want
 > something that is
 > >more of a challenge, not one of those mindless click the attack button.
any

--
to all those that were in the world trade center...