Re: TIB: High School Computer Classes

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: High School Computer Classes

In a message dated 04/15/2000 12:43:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
albright@razorlogic.com writes:

<< Getting back to calcs, I think that math courses should use them more in,
 well, their courses. Often times, when we learn a new technique in my
 Pre-Calc class that requires five minutes per problem or something, I go
 home and look in my 86's manual's index to see if there's a function on
 my calc that'll do it instantly. If we've got these machines to do the
 number crunching for us, why do we really need to learn to do the number
 crunching? Just my opinion, anyway... >>

my math teacher this year (Algebra 2) actually doesnt have his head hidden i
a whole in the ground and realizes that calculators are a quite useful thing,
and that it's to peoples benefit to learn to use them. although I (and 1
other person in my class) have ti-89s, no one else in the class has a
graphing calculator, but the school has a bunch of TI-83s, and the teacher
has devoted a couple of classes to teaching the people how to use them and
such.
hey, it's a start