Re: TIB: High School Computer Classes

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: High School Computer Classes

(Keep in mind I'm a lowly freshman.)

I agree. The problem is, 3/4 of the kids in my Geometry class (I'm not in
honors...) wouldn't know what to with a graphing calc if came up and bit them
in the ass. All they know is that I can play games on them. (In my case,
since it's a regular Geometry class, half the class is sophmores that took
Algebra last year, and freshmen who took Algebra in 8th grade (that's
considered quite advanced here in Alabama). What's even more sad about that
class is that only 4 of the some 20-25 people know how to factor, and
conincidently these are the same people who went to the "smart" middle school
and took Algebra I in 8th grade. And I'm one of those people.)

Of course, I've heard the honors class isn't exactly very bright either (they
have to dumb everything down for the kids who went to the middle school with
imcompenent math teachers and didn't even learn how to factor....I'm not even
sure they did the basics of sine, cosine, and tangent).

In a message dated 4/14/00 11:43:42 PM Central Daylight Time,