TIB: If-then-goto-end loops can create a problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

James Vernon wrote:

>If A=3
>Then
>Goto B
>Else
>Goto A
>End

>Using Goto statements in an If-Then-Else-End statement will cause the calc
>to gradually run out of mem because the End command will >never be reached.
>The same applies to If-Then-End statements.
>The way I fix this problem is to do something like the following:
>If A=3
>Goto B
>If A{not equal}3
>Goto A
>
>This way, there are no End's to be reached. I hope this helps..

I heard this awhile back and was just going to write a letter to see if this
was true or not.  Thanks for answering my question, Jim.
I am also wondering, since this was in regard to the TI-83, is this true for
all the TI-8x calculators?

-Grant Winney