Re: TIB: Re: TBPA

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Re: TBPA

Miles Raymond wrote:

> (T)I-(B)asic (P)rogramming (A)lliance.  If I knew our web page, I'd give it
> to you, but it's been moved around because no one likes Geocities.
>
> Big Mac is the creator and current leader of the TBPA.  Currently, we are
> discussing which program to start working on.  Some of us have already
> started some projects (ie: Yahtzee) but others like me (who don't know how
> to play Yahtzee) haven't done much yet.  TurboSoft is another good person to
> contact.
>
> -Miles Raymond      EML: m_rayman@bigfoot.com
> ICQ: 13217756       IRC: Killer2        AIM: MRayMan
> http://www.bigfoot.com/~m_rayman/

Sounds like fun!!  The very first thing that I did with my 83 was to
write my own version of Yahtzee.  I've found two different versions of
the game at one of the big archives (forgot which one) and I would like
to take a look at them and compare them to the one that I made.  I'm
currently working on my own version of Blackjack.  When I'm finished it
should use the graph screen to come up with a visual display of the
cards, be accurate play (hit, stay, double down, split, insurance bets),
and up to 8 decks of cards.  It looks like it'll be slightly slower than
I would have liked because of all the messing around with the strings,
but hey, it sure beats all the memory that it would eat using lists!

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net