TIB: re: Announcement

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: re: Announcement

Yes, it's similar to Q-Basic (a stripped down quickbasic), which was
based on MS Basic, which was what came as part of the rom on all of the
computers while I was still talking in two-word sentences.  I learned it
in elementary school, and it's not as useless as people think (We
basically used it to do algorithms, etc, in the advanced math program)..a
lot of software through the '80s for the PC and PCjr (not to mention a
slew of other things) was written in GW BASIC ("BASICA" if you're an IBM
user)...but it's slow and non-modular.  Quickbasic took care of some of
this problem...it's somewhat (not quite) modular and has a much larger
command library, but hell, it's still BASIC (translated into english from
machine code, that means "Slow." :-)   )

-Ben Kalafut

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]