Re: TIB: Help With TI-83 Pictures, and the Reset bug

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999 18:56:48 -0500, Jesse McInturff wrote:

> >From: "James Vernon" <jimbob_v@hotmail.com>
> >To: ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org
> >Subject: Re: TIB: Help With TI-83 Pictures, and the Reset bug
> >Date: Tue, Aug 31, 1999, 9:49 AM
> >

> > On Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:58:43 -0500, Jesse McInturff wrote:
> >
> >>i was wondering if thare is anyware you can store a Pic other than in
>the
> >>10
> >>pics your given
> >>

> >>     then also i was wondering what the thing you need to type into a
> >>program
> >>is that will reset the calcs (TI-83) memory
> >
> >   As far as I know, there is no way of doing these things in BASIC but I
> > know it can be done in assembly code.
> >
> > James Vernon
> > jimbob_v@hotmail.com
>
>well i wasnt shure about the Pics but i know that the Reset bug can be
>done,
>i read about it on calc.org but i havent been able to find it since.
>however
>if you would be nice anouf to make me a quick ASM program that will reset
>the calc.
>
>anyway if you know the URL of the page just send it over (and note that the
>thing you type in is a bug)

  I believe the bug mentioned at www.calc.org is for the TI-92, whether or
not there is one for the TI-83 I'm unsure. To make the calculator reset in
ASM, you need to only use the following command: "rst 0". This should reset
the calcs mem. There was another program posted on assembly-83 a little
while back, something like this:

3E1FD310C9
End
0000
End

Type this straight into the calculator and run it like a normal ASM program.
  As for the pic saving thing, Ian Graf has a program call Capture83 which
takes whatever is on the screen and saves it to Pic1. If you look at the
code perhaps you could make a prog that saves the lcd to a program file. I
think you can find Capture83 at www.calc.org as well.

James Vernon
jimbob_v@hotmail.com