Re: TIB: Easier way to do this?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Easier way to do this?

If he takes out the pause command, the user won't be able toread the text
because as soon as it is printed on the screen the menu will appear.

Philipp Keller

+AD4-
+AD4-can you take out the pause command?
+AD4-
+AD4----Aaron O'Donnell +ADw-odonnell+AEA-wvi.com+AD4- wrote:
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg- Hi. I'm writing a kind of choose your own adventure game for the
+AD4-TI-82.
+AD4APg- The code goes something like this:
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg- Clrdraw
+AD4APg- text(0,0,+ACI-This line+ACI-)
+AD4APg- text(10,0,+ACI-blah+ACI-)
+AD4APg- and so on, then
+AD4APg- text(30,0,+ACI-What do you want to do?+ACI-)
+AD4APg- pause
+AD4APg- menu(+ACI-?+ACI-,+ACI-do this+ACI-,A,+ACI-Do that+ACI-,B)
+AD4APg- Lbl A
+AD4APg- clrdraw
+AD4APg- etc.
+AD4APg- etc.
+AD4APg- etc.
+AD4APg- Llb B
+AD4APg- clrddraw
+AD4APg- text(blah
+AD4APg- text(blah
+AD4APg- pause
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg- Then either another menu or a LBL, which goes on for a while.
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg- My question is, is there a simpler way to do this, so it will take up
+AD4APg- less memory? I'm already up to lbl K, and lots more to go :) Any
+AD4-help is
+AD4APg- appreciated
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-