TIB: Re: TI-Basic Digest V1 #244

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Re: TI-Basic Digest V1 #244

{{>          oo - oo = oo

> So, once you'd traveled at an infinite velocity for *any* nonzero
amount of
> time, you'd be stuck at an infinite distance from your original
position.
> There'd be no way to get back to a finite distance from your original
> position, in a finite amount of time, without different technology.

I considered this.  We can assume that the distance is not infinant
though.  Let's say that a working extrapolation of infinity is A*x+B
where x will be used instead of oo.  Obviously, without the
substitution of x for oo, the values of A and B are unknown and
meaningless.  I ingored powers because this problem has no use
for powers and, therefore, the power of infinity must be 1.
Here is my work:

distance = velocity * time
oo = oo * 1
Using my "A*x+B", A is 1 and B is 0.
Let's not use distance but instead keep it in my "A*x+B" equation
whose values I got from distance = velocity * time.
The equation showing the reverse course would be
- -oo = -oo * 1
Still keeping it in the x equation (so we can be sure that the
value of A is one),
(1 * x + 0) + (1 * -x + 0) = 0.  This states that you would be back
where
you started.  This is all obviously hyppothetical and I have no real
mathematical proof.  But I don't think a proof would be possible.}}

that's exactly like saying 2=3?
here's the proof i used
let's make x=0
Ax+B=Ax+B    this is true correct?
2x+0=3x+0      since x=0 this statement is also true, correct?
2x=3x             now divide by the term x
2=3                since x=0, you are trying to turn 0 into a term in
order to solve your theory, which can't be, instead of using 0, you used
oo (infinite) which is like dividing by 0--which i have just shown.

sorry but going infinite velocity in 1 second away from the earth and
then going infinite velocity in 1 second back to the earth would have
not only brought you to the other side of earth, but you would have
died, the timeline would have a huge hole in it from being in more than
one place at any given time within that second, and all the people
living on earth would have aged infinitely.  The world would have
evolved, slowed down, the sun dead, and who knows what else.

the person who said oo-oo=oo is correct, but in terms of time changing
due to speed the time would be the squareroot of a negative number.  the
person "riding" in the "ship" going that fast would be in the imaginary
space.

excuse my religion for those who aren't religious, but i think god came
up with a plan to avoid doing things outside our norm.  he probably has
invented a wormhole here and a blackhole there for a reason.  maybe
aliens able to travel close to or over lightspeed created blackholes and
wormholes.  imagine it this way:
since your mass increses (by gravitational pull) with respect to higher
speeds, you actually "pull" the universe in respect to where you are.
if your eyesight was let's say 1 mile and you went close to the speed of
light (Einstein said tunnel-vision which i can prove) then your eyesight
in the direction of travel may have changed to distance traveled by the
speed of light in the time it takes the human eye to register plus 1
mile, in other words you may be able to see 1,000 times further, and
that's where tunnelvision comes into play (as you magnify a microscope,
the distance across the lense measuring the substance is dramatically
decreased while the size of the lense itself stays the same).

my theory on this matter is very weird.  most of the stuff i think
should could very well be not true, but the thought of it is great.  for
example:

         (all theory)

since your mass increases with speed, why not the other way, if you can
increase your mass through gravitation won't that effect your imaginary
speed?  make an object that fits in your hand, and let's make this
device able to increase your mass through gravitation.  now, imagine
standing outside your house and seeing a plane fly overhead.  imagine
turning the device on, and instead of seeing the whole entire plane, in
the same peripheral vision you see the side of the plane where you can
see a window, and the people sitting there.  now imagine being able to
put your hand out and touch that window, grab it, and turn the device
off...space returns to normal and since the ground isn't holding you,
your body is pulled toward the plane as if that's where you were all
along.  now to turn toward an observer watching you do all of this.
he'll see you standing there watching the plane, then when the device is
turned on he sees the space around you fold in toward you as if
shrinking, except you stay the same size.  of course since you have
gravitational pull, the observer and everything around you is pulled
toward you.

it's just a thought, but this is what i think will bring about space
travel.  you can flame me all you want, i'd love to hear what others
think of my "stupid" thoughts.

-Rob

p.s.  i finally got on-line to read my e-mail after a week and i had
like 700 messages, kept only 20 messages here and there.