Re: TIB: Proposal: To weed out useless and no good TI-BASIC programs on

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Proposal: To weed out useless and no good TI-BASIC programs on tical...

> I've been thinking about not accepting & archiving ALL basic programs on
> ticalc.org.  I hate having like 10 minesweepers for 82 basic or
> whatever.  Or 10 quadratic formula programs for 82 basic.  I think there
> should only be one or two good ones so that the user can quickly get a
> program and know its good, instead of having to weed through 10 of
> them.  So my proposal is to delete some of the not-very useful programs
> in order to prevent the archives from being diluted with worthless
> programs.  What do you all think?

I do agree.  The TI community has grown large enough that programs
should start "earning" their way to ticalc.org.  The problem is, checking
all those programs and deciding which one or two is best is very time-
consuming.  And you'd have to continue testing new ones as they are
submitted.  A lot of work.  Especially for one person...