TIB:lenght of string correction & first program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB:lenght of string correction & first program

>Self correction: to display the text at center, you need to say:
>Output row,119-dim(string)*3,string
>BUT ONLY on a TI-92.  This is because on a 92 the disp screen is run by
>PIXELS, not characters like an 85 or 82.  On those calcs you use
Bryan's method as so:
>Output row,(whatever number is the center column of the
screen)-dim(string)/2,string
>Thanks to Michael VDK for noticing the error in my post.

>Paul DeLeeuw

Yah I just figured that out right before reading this post.  Thanks
anyway,  Well I just finished my first Program so if anyone with a 92
could take a look at it I'd appreciate some feed back.  Also if you take
a look at the source could you give me a few pointers on how to make it
smaller, better, ect.?

You can download it at:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/8345/guess.zip

Thanks to everyone who helped me with centering the string.
Jared Neilsen