TIB: reading code

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: reading code

How many of you out there find it useful to look through other
people's code? Both for looking for ways to simplify specific lines,
but also for understanding the big picture - understanding just what
exactly the calc is doing. I find that I get hopelessly confused if I
haven't actually written the program. I can make things _incredibly_
complicated (sometimes to much so!) but, as long as I wrote it, it
makes perfect sense. Several different sites on the net recommend
studying other people's code to help learn, but I don't think that
that would help anybody that is like me. How many other people are
like this?

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net