[SD] Re: Venus on all Z80 Ti's

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[SD] Re: Venus on all Z80 Ti's

> Van: Dines Justesen <dines@aub.dk>
>
> > would need to be 6 bytes bigger. But as far as I've seen the BASIC
program
> > needs to Stop/Return before the new 'keyhandler' catches on :-(
>
> The BASIC program changes the pointer to the input handler, but unless
you
> include the stop command it wont get called (unless you include some
other
> code to call the handler).

Return 'also' works, you only need to press a key first...

> > Have already tried hacking the ASE beta2 backup, and things didn't work
> > without a Stop/Return...
>
> ACE assumes that the stop is there.

Well, I just copied the the startup-program to another (unprotected) BASIC
prog, and started changing things.Letting the BASIC program run till the
end (removing the Stop-command) so it should stop automaticaly won't work.
It does stop, but won't start the shell. Probably the TIOS reloads the
pointers.

> > There might be problem in finding out where the TIOS stores the info
about
> > the calling BASIC prog, but that's just a matter of time...
>
> Figuring out which program called the shell is no problem (has been done
> before).

Okay, I've posted the things I've found (by myself, not disassembling) on
[A82], is it correct (as far as you know)?

	Henk Poley <><