Re: SD: Got a proposition

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: Got a proposition

Richardlewis wrote:

> -> Well, I'm writing a shell for the 86 that emulates the 85.  I would
>
> -> appreciate any information you could give me.  I haven't looked
> into the
> -> MISh source yet, but I have looked at UShell.  Thanks.
>
> UShell source isn't going to do you any good.  MISh will.  It works
> with
> ZShell 4.0 programs.  One problem with running 85 stuff on an 86 is
> that the
> IY index register probably points to different stuff.  You'll probably
> have
> to remap every reference to IY.

How would I go about doing that?  I'm still new to ASM and don't know
everything that you seasoned programmers do.  I know that a shell is not
exactly the best way to start my ASM learning experience, but I figured
I might as well start somewhere.  I downloaded the MISh source and took
a quick look at it.  I'll go through it and see what I can learn.
Thanks.

-Jeremy