Re: SD: Lets do something!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: Lets do something!

 >>CashOnly@aol.com wrote:
 >>
 >> Do what?
 >
 >Probably the best response I've ever heard in answer to one of those
 >types of questions...
 >
 >But he's right.. What _IS_ there to do, when most of the shell authors
 >are too paranoid to release the source to their shells!  The only people
 >I've seen to release part or all of their source is Martin Hock & Mike
 >Baker for the PhatOS relocation, and Michael Wyman with the CShell-NT
 >source (though I had to e-mail him and ask for it, but he sent the
 >entire thing!).

Actually, not releasing the source to a shell is a good thing. There are way
too many shells that are exactly the same. And if the source was released,
then there would be tons of 'copy' shells, each with one or two stupid
features added. Why does everyone want to write a shell anyway? Isn't the
point of the shell to run games? I think we have gone off track.

Mikel Blanchard
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/CashOnly/The_Layer.html">http://members.aol.co
m/CashOnly/The_Layer.html</A>
ICQ: 3033904