Re: LZ-Adv: ZShell for TI-82 -- Ideas..

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ-Adv: ZShell for TI-82 -- Ideas..

On 24 Oct 96 at 11:34, Jason C. Wenger wrote:

> I got an idea!  I got an idea!  Okay, suppose you use a variable like
> zShCall (instead of A)  or something else, (preferrably mixed case and 7
> or 8 characters, so you're not likely to corrupt it by accident, and
> starting with a lowecase letter so you're less likely to delete it) and
> make a program that stores E145->zShCall and says press any key, and then
> have a PAUSE command... that way, you could call ZShell from a program,
> and it'd all be automated, so it'd be about idiot-proof.  Wouln't that
> work?

Yeah sure, that would have been much more user-friendly. But this was
just thought as an experiment to see if it worked. Also, it is meant to
work on a TI-82 and I don't know what TI-82 variables are named like,
maybe just A,B,C,D etc like on the TI-81?

I think the best way would be to just use this method to install an
interrupt on the calc. This interrupt could then check to see if
ON+enter is pressed and then call the shell program (which is stored
in a normal variable). The variable with the modified pointer could
then be deleted in order to prevent accidental crashing. Of course,
there would have to be function in the shell to make such a variable
again in case you want to copy to another calculator.

However questions about how to design such a system are a bit early to
discuss now.

  Mattias

<pre>
--