Re: TI-89 on the AP test (and 2 programming quastions)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-89 on the AP test (and 2 programming quastions)

In article <78oatm$6so$1@winter.news.rcn.net>, "Erols" <vulfson@erols.com>
wrote:

>Hi!
>I have just purchased a TI-89, because my TI-83 died :( ...
>I know that they have been approved for AP Calculus exam, but neither the
>questions posted before nor ETS site did answer some questions that I have.
>
>1. Is it possible that ETS will ban TI-89 from AP Calc exam (before next
>exam takes place)? I don't want to purchase other calc, not at all!.!.!.

I really doubt it since they have published in numerous forums that the 89
will be allowed.  What they will do (but not this year, AFAIK) is change
the written response section to "compensate" for the increasing
capabilities of calcs like the 89.

>2. When I take the AP Calc(and/or AP Phys B/C) examination, will I be forced
>to reset my memory (and how they check it)? Not that I want to put anything
>in it, but well, you know...

Don't know about the Physics, but for the AP Calc exam memories are not
cleared. Students can stuff whatever they want into the memory they have
available.  Of course, my opinion is that anyone who _needs_ that sort of
assistance to pass the exam deserves to fail it.  My experience is that
they usually do.

<snip proggie questions>

HTH,
Chas