Re: Which TI should I get?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I get?

>Who the HELL needs to invert a 30x30 matrix on a TI? My GOD, if you need to
do
>that, you won't have a TI-92. You'll have a good computer with Mathematica
or
>something. Geeeeez! Be glad you don't have to invert it by hand.

Admitted - I have never inverted a 30x30 matrix by hand and it's pretty much
over the top if you are doing such calculations in the field. BUT - this was
only an example to show that in any numerical calculation the HP48 has the
TI beat.
Try solving something (e.g. (e^x)*sqrt(3)-3=5), this will leave the TI's in
the dust (the example returns x=0.382533849......in just over 1 sec.).

Follow-Ups: References: