Re: Which TI should I get?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I get?

Eric P. Esterle skrev i meddelelsen
<77rd2u$592$1@news.campbellcounty.com>...
>To say the HP makes bad calculators is strictly your opinion.  Yes, they
are
>slow but they are in the process of updating their line, 48G+.  The GX
still
>has some options, such as equation libraries, which won't be on the 89 or
>92Plus until more engineering software is released.  Most people that don't
>like HP's never spent enough time actually learning them.  For example,
unit
>conversions are still much faster on the GX than the 89/92Plus, but the
>89/92Plus unit conversions are much more customizable and more easily
>defined.  In short, I prefer both.
>
>brand neutral
>--
>
>-Eric P. Esterle-

Slow???? At what. Have you ever tried inverting a 30x30 matrix on a TI92? It
usually takes around 8-10 minutes! This takes approx. 30 seconds on the HP.
You see, that's what you'll need to do some times, when using it for
something else but toying around.

I have never noticed that unit conversions on the HP should be slow? They
pretty much are instant.

How many programs are written for the TI 92/89 series? On www.hpcalc.org
alone is represented around 3000 for the HP48! And they are nut just games
and crap programs. Many of them are written by professors, teachers and
engineers. The HP48 is based on a CPU which is more than 10 years old and is
still in every discipline beating the TI calcs! That's not something to be
proud of if you are a programmer working for Texas Instruments.

I still need to meet an engineer here in Denmark who actually uses ANY TI
calculator in his work or anywhere else. The discussion of which calc is the
best is only still undecided in preschool!

If anybody wants to challenge the usability of the HP48 against any TI calc,
please include some proof instead of some headless lefthanded web-surfing.

Please - get a grip. Grab a HP calculator or read what people are writing on
comp.sys.hp48 before posting messages regarding something you know diddle
about (this is a general statement to this ng - not meant personally to you
Eric!).

Please flame me and prove you childish characters on this ng.

Ice

Follow-Ups: References: