Re: I need a new calculator...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: I need a new calculator...

STL137 <stl137@aol.com> wrote in message
19990117150846.23381.00000204@ng25.aol.com">news:19990117150846.23381.00000204@ng25.aol.com...

>And do take a good look at the 85.

All right STL137, we all know you'd probably marry an 85 if it was
legal, but you gotta face it, she's a little old for you. The 85 has
effectively been replaced by the 86. The 86 has all of the features of
the 85 and some more, get it? The 86 is *Better* than the 85. And on
top of it, it's only 20$ more!

Give me one good reason I would buy an 85 instead of an 86. And I know
what you're gonna answer to that: "The 85 is faster!". Am I right?
Well, forget about that, it's true but the speed difference is so
small it barely even appears to the user!

Get with the times, nobody should buy an 82 or 85, I would even say
the 83, now that the 83+ is out. The 92+ doesn't offer much advantage
over the 89, and I think that if you buy the 92 and the plus module it
turns out to be more expensive. Anyway, to me the vertical platform of
the 89 is important because if I wanted to carry something as big as a
92 around, I'd take my laptop (It has a text editor too :-).

TI has effectively replaced their whole line of calcs with newer ones:

83+ instead of 83 instead of 82.
86 instead of 85, and that'll probably be replaced by the "86+"
soon...
89 instead of 92/92+

Philipp Keller

BTW STL, I'm not affraid of putting an accessible email address in my
posts :-)

Follow-Ups: References: