Re: graph link software

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: graph link software

>Like, do you need to
>include the colon at the beginning of each line?  I'm guessing yes.

I think it might do that automatically, but you may as well put them in.

>Also, what about commands that are seperated. For example, on the calc I
>would go under the menus and find 'Repeat' then hit, say, 'Ans' so it
>would look like
>:Repeat Ans
>but there really isn't a space in there (on the calc).  However, on the
>computer there is a regular space there.  Is it possible to just type
>things in on the computer instead using all the built in menus?  Again,
>I'm guessing yes?  If you can, do you just type it in like I just did;
>the word 'Repeat', <space>, the word 'Ans'?

Yes to just typing things in, and I imagine yes to putting that space in
there, too.

>The second big thing has to do with actually sending the file(s) to
>people.  How do I do that?  When I finally put the last 'stop' on the
>computer screen and save it - then what?

Save it as a .83p file.  If there are subprograms, group them all together
in a .83g file.

> Does it need to be uuencoded?
>(Just what does that mean, anyway)

UUEncoding is a device that turns a file into ASCII text so you can put it in
the body of an e-mail.  It has been replaced by better file attachment systems.
The .zip format is generally used to condense files for quick downloading.

 Or should I use the import/export
>commands to turn it into a txt file so that it can be read in the
>email.

Hell no.  People who actually have the Graph Link cable want the .83p or
.83g file so they can just send it to the calc.