Re: Which TI should I get?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I get?

Joachim Armbruster wrote in message <75ragd$k6p$1@news.BelWue.DE>...
|Hallo STL137,
|What CPU has the TI85?
|I thought the TI92 was the 'top end' calculator when I bought it. But the
92
|could be better... better display, better usability for 'stupid
calculating'
|(why the hell is the Root-Key or the e^x key only reachable by pressing
|[2nd]).

I agree, the 92 Plus was a much needed update but the mechanics of the 92
itself could use some refining.  Something equivilent to the new Game Boy
Color. <g>

|If somebody asks me now what TI he should buy, I answer 'HP' or if
|it mus be a TI (why), buy the 89.

HP's are good especially the updated 48G+ but IMO you don't really need to
learn reverse polish notation, unless you want to.  The benefits of the HP,
excluding chemistry, aren't really seen until you reach upper level
engineering classes.  I'm more interested in uploading engineering software
to my calculator than using reverse polish notation on a_slow_ calculator.
The 92's processor is still better than the 4mghz saturn processor the HP
uses though.

--

-Eric P. Esterle-
eesterle@preferred.com | ICQ#3346036