[How To???] ROM 2.03 - Upgrade

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[How To???] ROM 2.03 - Upgrade

I've tried several times to upgrade my TI-89.  There must be some big
secret that I haven't discovered.  I can't find the upgrade file to download,
I don't believe my newer PC has a COM port extra that I can use.  Still
working on that problem, though.

So I've temporarily stopped trying to upgrade my newer TI-89, version 1.05.
I'll just live with it until I can get some of this figured out.  I'm not a
stupid
person by any means, but the docs/web pages and other instructions are
totally unclear on how to do accomplish the upgrades.

I didn't want to mess around too much because I read some time ago that
someone uploaded an upgrade to his TI-89.  The unit locked up and he
couldn't do anything else with it.  Even after removing the batteries (all
of them, including the round one)!  Recommended solution was to return
the unit to where he purchased it.

Surely installing an upgrade can't be all this difficult.  There are too many
people accomplishing it for a new one or a refund!!

So here I sit in the back of the damn bus, and twiddling my thumbs until
I can get this situation resolved.

Anyone out there have any VERY CLEAR, EASY to understand, step-by-step
instructions on how to upgrade?

Roger Cravens
Atlanta, GA
-------------------------
At 01:57 PM 12/20/1999 -0500, you wrote:
 >I upgraded my ROM version to 2.03 (Ti-89), and I was wondering if there is a
 >way to retrieve archived files after your calc crashes. I heard that Ti was
 >going to make something in this ROM version that did this, but I cannot find
 >it. Also, after your calc crashes I thought there was a way to reset it
 >without taking out the little round battery. Something with holding down a
 >few buttons when you remove or put the batteries back in. Does anyone know
 >what those keys are? Thanks a lot.

*  Liberty is NEVER an option, only a condition to be lost!
*  http://www.jbs.org