Re: Product code.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Product code.

----- Original Message -----
From: Bryan Rabeler <rabelerb@PILOT.MSU.EDU>
Subject: Re: Product code.

If your TI-89 is a HW1 calculator, as opposed to HW2 (Hardware Version
2.00), then you don't really get any more memory.  AMS 2.0x will give the
TI-89 a total of 702k Flash ROM.  On HW1 calcs, you can only use 384k of it
for user data archive, and the rest can ONLY be used for Flash ROM apps.
However on a HW2 calculator, the full 702k can be used for user data archive
or Flash ROM apps.

To find out what hw version your TI-89 is, go to the about screen where it
shows your AMS version, and if it doesn't say "Hardware Version 2.00" then
its a HW1 calc.
=========
On MY about screen, it doesn't say HARDWARE version at all.
It says:
TI-89
Advanced math software
version 2.03, 12/8/99
product id# 03-1-7-39
id# ...whatever...

On my MEM screen it says:
System 65128
RAM free (about) 196000
Flash ROM free    720884

So how do I know if I'm limited to 384K of Archive? Does the fact that
HARDWARE VERSION is NOT mentioned on the ABOUT screen tell me that I am
limited to 384K of Archive?

Dave Slomer
Greenhills, OH
davidslomer@geocities.com