Re: ti-86 vs. ti-89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-86 vs. ti-89

When Today's Date Was Wed, 21 Apr 1999 02:54:16 EDT, A Magical Being Known as
wrote
Vincent Fiduccia <Vincent99@AOL.COM>

|<< The new HP should be interesting.  All the HP48 users are going to be
|gloating that HP beat the TI-89, and the 89 will still be selling more due
|to TI's dominance in schools.  I think I'm going to call it the iMac of
|calculators - people will make a big deal of it when it comes out, then
|they'll go right back to buying the competition's product.  :) >>
|
|Okay, I've probably already established myself in all your minds as one of
|those strange Mac people, but... Exactly what computer do you think has been
|#1 in retail sales for over 6 months?  (I'm not saying that means anything
|significant, but people AREN'T going back to buying the other product because
|there IS no other comparable product that can let a newbie get to be wasting
|internet bandwidth in 10 minutes...or at least not another product that
|advertises it.)

It doesn't mean anything significant.  It just means it's new - and colorful.
Now lets
look over the last 6 years - whats the number #1 in retail sales? IBM PCs and
IBM clones.

Now lets look at calculators - my friend has an HP, im not sure which one it
is, but it
can differentiate and integrate. We refer to this friend as the Alien, because
I can't
concieve a human using it without severe problems.  It's just too wierd.

The TI-89 however is easier to use - I mean, it only took me an hour to figure
out how to
use the on button.

The Rahat