Re: TI-83+

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-83+

On 24 Apr 1999 07:37:09 GMT, jemfinch02@aol.com (Jemfinch02) wrote:
>>So would you like to support your opinions?
>
>If you haven't seen objective support for my opinions, you obviously haven't
>been reading my posts very carefully.  Go back and reread if you missed any of
>this support, and feel free to bring up any examples of my statement of
opinion
>without written support.  I'll be happy to support any opinion I have posted
>with objective information.
>
>Jeremy
Great.  Here you go:

On 23 Apr 1999 11:30:49 GMT, jemfinch02@aol.com (Jemfinch02) wrote:
>But when two calculators do the exact same thing,
Can you provide objective information showing that TI's and HP's do
exactly the same thing?  Perhaps, you would like to start with
symbolics, and include flash rom upgrades?

On 24 Apr 1999 07:46:18 GMT, jemfinch02@aol.com (Jemfinch02) wrote:
>People without PhD's can do RPN.  It's simple.  Put the operator at the end of
>the one (or two) operands instead of between.  It takes 5 minutes to learn and
>not much longer to appreciate the lack of necessary parentheses.
Can you provide objective information that RPN takes only 5 minutes to
learn and not much longer to appreciate the lack of necessary
parentheses?  I know I've spent hours using RPN, and still don't
appreciate the lack of parentheses.

On 22 Apr 1999 19:00:01 GMT, jemfinch02@aol.com (Jemfinch02) wrote:
> There is nothing for
>the TI even comparable to the work and effort that has gone into algebra
>libraries such as Erable and Alg48.
As you're working on this one, remember what the TI's come with built
in.

On 23 Apr 1999 03:33:16 GMT, jemfinch02@aol.com (Jemfinch02) wrote:
> They aren't going to come out
>with new stuff and release it for free.
Before you tackle that one, go check out the ROM upgrades at ti.com,
and check out the additional libraries from the company that did the
symbolics as well, both of which are free.
> On the other hand, Erable and Alg48
>were created by individuals who do it out of the good of their heart, and
>continuously update the software, come out with new, better software, and
>support their software better than I think TI ever could.
Can you provide objective information that the authors of erable and
Alg48 support their software better?  Do they provide a printed
manual, and toll free tech support?

On 23 Apr 1999 18:44:39 GMT, jemfinch02@aol.com (Jemfinch02) wrote:
>Based on past experience, I believe I can accurately say that when HP releases
>a new calculator, it will be better than any TI available.
That one should be self explanatory.

On 23 Apr 1999 19:32:17 GMT, jemfinch02@aol.com (Jemfinch02) wrote:
>Gee, I just love it when people type their unsupported opinions as fact.
I just threw that one in there.