Re: TI-89 Vs. Casio 9970

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-89 Vs. Casio 9970

Steve <redled@peakaccess.net> wrote:
: Casio anounced the 9970 about the same time TI anounced the 89. I haven't
: even seen the 9970 in any stores yet. The 9970 has some sort of symbolic
: capability.
:  My question is: has anyone actually seen a 9970 and how does its symbolic
: and/or overall capability compare to the 89's?

TI-89's CAS is vastly superior to the 9970's CAS. For example, the
9970 can't handle (ax+b)^4).

Also, the 9970 is quite expensive for its capabilities (almost as
expensive as the 89), and it has a color screen (big disadvantage).

You really shouldn't consider the 9970, it pales in comparison with TI-89.

--
Bjxrn-Ove Heimsund