No Subject

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

I've been subscribed to this list for less than five hours now, and have
noticed that the main content seems to consist of comparisons with other
makes of graphic calculator. My own preference for TI graphic calculators
came about for purely practical reasons:

1) I've been using TI Graphical calculators for over 8 years, and would
have to re-write my programs completely to change.

2) I sometimes work at 1000 feet up radio masts, and have found the TI
Calculators to be very robust (apart from a sticky '0' caused by a coffee
spill some years ago).

3) I own one.

My main reason for joining this list, was to see if anybody had any
interest in transmission line or circuit analysis programs.
I've written a few things for referring and renormalising a measured set of
reflection coefficients through different transmission line lengths and
impedance's (for patching and impedance transforming). However they are not
very easy to use, and can become very confusing if you don't keep a track
of what your doing. I'm hoping to re-hash the data entry part of the
program soon, and would appreciate any advice anybody could offer.

I'm using a TI 85 at the moment, and wonder if there are any real I/O
benefits with the TI 89.

One last thing, has any body come up with an emulator for the TI 8? series?
I use the TI Link and software to write programs, but find it tedious
having to move the programs to the calculator to test them.

Regards

Mr Michael Tonge
Broadcast Antenna Engineer
Alan Dick & Co Ltd