Programming Challenge

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Programming Challenge

:-D
Now that PRIME5's been released on Ticalc.org, I challenge the world to
optimize it, because I don't think it can be done. :-D I've plain run out of
ideas to speed it up. And there don't seem to be any better algorithms that I
can implement on the TI-85 (Fermat's factorization method seems to be too
slow). So Wheel Factorization mod 210 seems to be my only choice... Well,
E-mail me if you manage to do so. :-)
STL

By the way, I just got a TI-92+. The factor( command on it works for my
standard test number in about 4 SECONDS. (Compared to PRIME5's 7 minutes.) I
want that code soooo much! But PRIME5 remains the best factorization program
for the TI-85. (And probably the TI-86, I believe it can run on there too.)