Differences between 92 and 89?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Differences between 92 and 89?

Hello,
   I currently have the TI-83, and have considered upgrading. I have a few
questions reguarding the differences between the 92 and 89...

1. I see the 89 has an increased screen resolution over the 83, the 83
screen holds 16 characters per row with 8 rows. Does the 89 fit more
characters on the screen, or just have a higher resolution?

2. Both the TI-92+ and TI-89 are listed as having 188K RAM and 384K Flash
ROM. Whats up with the flash rom, is that where you can store programs?
What is the total storage space as far as where I can put programs, 188K,
384K, or 572K???

3. The TI-92 Plus Module (plugs in I guess) to a normal TI-92 to upgrade it
to a TI-92+ and expand memory. Can you put a TI-92 Plus Module into a
TI-92+ calculator and expander the memory further, or into a TI-89
calculator?

4. Do programs written on a TI-83 for a TI-83 work on the TI-92, TI-92+,
and TI-89? Or programs for the 92 work on the 89?

5. Can the TI-89 connect to a TI-83 to transfer programs? A 92 or 92+ to an
83? Or an 89 to a 92?

6. There is a product out there right now called the Memory Expander II.
Right now there are no drivers for it for use on the TI-83, are there any
for the 92, 92+, and 89?

7. I currently have a TI-Graph Link I use to transfer programs from my
Macintosh to my TI-83, will this still work with a 89, 92, 92+?

8. Anything else I should be concerned with or aware of about getting a 89
or 92?

9. Any1 interested in buying my used 83?

Thanks!!

-----
Stephen M. Sebeny
ssebeny@neo.lrun.com