Re: A question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A question

The 89 is leaps and bounds ahead of the 86?  How about the 83?  As far
as statistics goes, the 83 is light years ahead of the 89, which is in
TI-82 lalala land.  I was going to get the 89, until I found out how bad
the stats were, so I got an 83 for my AP stats class.  There are many
features in it I liked, and I wanted one, but I was dissapointed in the
fact that the 83 was much better in statistics.

In most other aspects, however, you are correct.  But I still would
expect TI's newest, greatest model to at least have the all features of
a lesser, cheaper model.

Todd

Gary Wardall wrote:

> If I were a student again I would get the TI-89. I think one
> should always get the best one can afford. Will your teachers
> let you use it in class? If not how important is using it in class?
> The TI-89 and calculators like it are the calculators of the future.
> The TI-89 is leaps and bounds better than the TI-86. So different in ways it
> scares a lot of teachers. Change is scary for many people. These
> new calculators like the TI-89 and TI-92+ will usher in a change in
> the way we teach and learn mathematics. When the word gets out folks
> will demand their acceptance. If I were a student again I would get the
TI-89.

--

Spam filters in place.  If you are accidently blocked, remove nospam.

Follow-Ups: References: