Re: Quick Question!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Quick Question!

In article <kbWS1.2168$e35.8015219@news.rdc1.ab.wave.home.com>
<Ankur_K@yahoo.com> writes:
>I may seem stupid asking this, but I just got my TI-85 graphing calculator
>and I do not have the graph link thing, so I got a game and converted it to
>ascii text with that program from ti.com and when I typed it out, (ugg took
>forever.. maybe I should get that graphlink)

Yes, I used to do that, too.  Then I got tired of typing everything in and
ordered a homemade link cable from someone.  It makes things a lot easier.  :)

>I always get a syntax error on
>/->/  What is that? Someone told me thats the store key, but then what is
>/>=/  and /<=/ and /(-)/ and /<>/

Right, the -> is the store key, the >= is greater than or equal to, <= is
less than or equal to, (-) is probably the sign change/negative key (not sure),
and <> is not equal to.  The >=, <=, <>, among others should be under the
Test menu.

>are all keys in between the / and / (actually \ and \ but I cant type that
>on calc) keys that are not on a computer so we need to put it in the
>calculator?

The keys in between slashes are ones that are a single key press on the
calculator but more than a single character when typing it in on the
computer.  Therefore, they place it inside slashes to let you know all those
characters are a single group and thus one character on the calculator.
I'm sure there's a list of these codes somewhere on the web because I did
find one, but I can't remember where it is.  Try searching the archives at
TICalc.org for document files or something.  It's out there somewhere.

--
      .      .        .       .         -- James Marshall     (ORI)  *   ,
 ,.  -- )-- ,   , . -- )-- ,            marshall@astro.umd.edu