Re: Symbolic math for the Ti 86 ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Symbolic math for the Ti 86 ?

Fellow TI-ers:

   Writing software to do symbolic processing on a platform like the
TI-85 would be tough!  Why?  Because symbolic algebra systems require
exetensive symbol manipulation capabilities - and that implies use of
a language such as Lisp, C/C++, Pascal...  The BASIC built into TI
calculators doesn't directly support the kinds of data structures
required for symbolic manipulation.  My TI-92 does a wonderful job on
expressions, but I'd be hard pressed to extend it's capabilities in
BASIC.  The way to add symbolic math to a TI-85 would be by developing
the code on a conventional computer, then cross-compiling the code to
run on the '85.  This is probably TI's own process.

Kurt Krueger

--
  If you're looking for rubber stamps and supplies in Tucson,

Follow-Ups: References: