Re: Which to buy, TI-86 or TI-92?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which to buy, TI-86 or TI-92?

I have a TI-85 and a TI-92.  I have used the 85 (I have definitely got my
money's worth) a lot but I rarely use the 92.  For one thing, the 92 is
banned almost everywhere (schools; tests).  Second, the 85 handles bin and
hex numbers (can't study Computer Engineering without HEX!) and tons of
conversions.  I wish I would have never bought the 92.  The worse thing
about it is because it is SO DAMN BIG!!!  I'm probably going to get the
TI-89 because it has a nice size and plenty of power.  The TI-85 is just a
little under powered for me in college now.

Tram wrote in message <351676b1.1521778@news.humboldt1.com>...
>On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 17:37:13 -0500, The Pletchers
><bpspcp-travelin@WORLDNET.ATT.NET> wrote:
>
>>Rule #1: Your employer probably shouldnt be asked to equip you.
>>
>>Anyway, I kinda recommend the 86 for its conversions, but if you're just
>>doing metric to metric, you should be able to do that in your head. Other
>>than that, I still recommend the 86. Some calcs can have too much power,
so
>>watch out.
>>
>Never too much power.
>

>tram@humboldt10.com