Can a TI-86 do this?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Can a TI-86 do this?

Please excuse my ignorance, but I have never owned a graphical
calculator before.  I am very interested in the TI-86.  I have two
possible justifications for an expensive calculator.
1) The ability to plot a 9th order polynomial equation used to
linearize a thermalcouple signal.  It would be handy to see what
temperatures are in the "bumpy zone."
2) Calculating the values of two resistors and a capcitor needed to
set the frequency of a 555 IC.
I would need to enter a look-up table of the common values of
resistors and capacitors.  Those values would then be fed into the
equation f=1.44/(Ra+Rb)C.  A table or graph should be produced in
which a frequency could be looked up and the values need for that
frequency would be displayed.  The following tabel would be an
example, but with over one hundred possibilities:
Freq    Ra      Rb      C
x       x       x       x
x       x       x       x
x       x       x       x
x       x       x       x
x       x       x       x

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks,
Dean,
(remove "removethisfirst" from Email address to reply)