Re: TI-36X animation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-36X animation

I found out this happens sometimes when the calculator is denied light,
then is exposed to light.  I figured this out when I was bored in class
before I got my 85.  Most of the time, the calculator just displays
garbage and is frozen.  That can be cleaned up with the on key.
Occasionally, it will animate, and sometimes the calculator will will
respond to key presses, and there are funky numbers stored in the memory
slots.  Often, it simply turns off.

The easiest way to make it glitch is to cover up the solar panel when it
is doing something.  The thing that takes the longest that I know of is
69!  So this is what I sometimes do when I'm bored:  Type 69 and hit
3rd, then I cover the solar panel, and about at the point when I can
barely see the screen because it is so dim, I hit the ! key.  I leave
the panel covered for several seconds, and uncover.  The calculator will
then do something listed above.  Anotherr way to make it glitch is to
hold every key down except on, then hit on.  It will do a simple two
frame animation then.  I don't know if this has any effect, but I'll do
things like punch keys when the panel is covered up after hitting ! or
storing things into memory before I try to glitch it.

Todd