No Subject

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

Hello Middle School and Secondary Math and Science Educators,

The INTEC Project, a NSF funded teacher enhancement effort for Middle
School and Secondary math and science teachers is recruiting for the fall
start up.  INTEC is hosted by the Concord Consortium, Bob Tinker is the PI.

The goal of INTEC is to support teachers to include inquiry in their
classrooms where there was none before.  We use the latest Lotus DOMINO
technology and face to face meetings to supply high quality professional
development using the web.  After exploring personal experiences of inquiry
and a module on pedagogy based on two Private Universe films, teachers
elect an in-depth study one of 11 different NSF funded exemplary
curricula.  Partners include:  BioQUEST, TI-CBL, Global Lab,
VideoPoint, Genscope, Simcalc, Measurement in Motion and  six others.
INTEC purchases the software and materials for participants to use with
their classes.  The course extends over two academic semesters, culminating
in a PRACTICUM, where students complete inquiry modules in class.

INTEC enrolls sites, not individuals.  A change in school culture  is
needed to support and sustain inquiry in classrooms.  INTEC's hybrid design
of face to face and web based discussion works to build that culture.
Typically 4-6 teachers at a site (a m.s. or h.s.) express interest and send
us a letter.  We gather sites and match them by various criteria including
grade level, platform, and location.    Public, private, and alternative
schools are invited.  A cohort of 20-25 is formed from grouping of the
sites.  A moderator is assigned and the cohort progresses through the
course together.   The duration of the course is two academic semesters.

Please write me at the above address and visit our web site at
http://www.concord.org/intec/intec.html

George

George

Dr. George Collison,  Academic Coordinator INTEC Project
The  Concord Consortium Educational Technology Lab
37 Thoreau St., Concord, MA 01742
Educational innovation through creative technologies.
Tel  978-371-3478  George  george@concord.org
or 369-4367 our Project Coordinator, Cynthia McIntyre cynthia@concord.org
FAX at the Consortium: 978 371-0696
CC's main web site:    http://www.concord.org