calculating e Part II

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

calculating e Part II

Thankyou to all who responded --- by your responses I see that I didn't
present my question very well.  I wanted to know why the calculator
displays a number _greater_ than the approximation of e (e displayed to 9
decimals) when A is 10x10^13.  When the seed for the program is 9 instead
of 10, the values displayed are also above a close approximation of e but
vary greater than the calculations using a seed of 10 .  What is happening
to create this unexpectted display?  I am using a TI-83.  Run the program
to see what I mean.

10 stor A
Lbl  1
(1+1/A)^A sto B