Re: Netscape for TI-XX anyone?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Netscape for TI-XX anyone?

Modem Boy wrote:
> Bill Risher wrote:
> > Modem Boy wrote:
> > > I've all of a sudden heard about IRC on the calculator. HUH? IRC =
> > > Internet Relay Chat, you aren't saying that you can hook your calc to
> > > the net and... chat...? Umm...
> > That is exactly what we are saying.  I borrow a friends cellular every day
> > during Calculus lectures to get online, check my mail, do some chatting,
> > surf the web.  The hardest part was getting Zterm to work with a cellular.
> >  It was hell, had to build my own converter from a standard phone jack to
> > that little 4-pin thingie in the back of the cellular, then I had to get
> > all the cords down to a low enough static level that errors weren't a
> > problem, then I had to get the thing small enough to sit on my arm-rest
> > without attracting attention.  Take my advice and only try it with
> > pre-built equipment, in the way it was built to run.
> My god... That's... possible??? CHRIST! What calculator are you using
> for this?

My trusty old 85, what else?  I wish someone would write a terminal program
for the 92, it would be awesome!  Graphics might even be possible!  A 13x40
character screen(right?) is half of a low-res monitor(24x40), and with 239x103
pixels (nearly half the res of a CGA screen) we could get greyscale(or just
B/W) pics to show up, inline!  A Netscape clone could be possible!  If nothing
else then a Linx clone that supports HTTP,FTP, and GOPHER?  And a converter
for the computer so that we can download stuff with our calc (into a string?)
and then send it to our comp and turn it into a useable file?  Hell, I might
just be intrigued enough by this project to learn assembly myself and do this!

--
Bill Risher        Sparr               UIN:1952775             __
Faction #44        Makra               FON:6156484164         (  )

Follow-Ups: References: