Re: "Rude Is as Rude Does....."

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: "Rude Is as Rude Does....."

There's plenty of room on this conference (and on the companion
GRAPH-TI conference) for thoughtful commentary, and many of the
subscribers _do_ make efforts to help those asking questions here.
These are really the purposes for which this conference was set up,
after all (well, I will add exchange of timely information to the
list).

There seemes, unfortunately, to also be room for thoughtless babble,
cheap invective and exchanges of schoolyard language.  Such abuse
of the forum may not be preventable without losing the openess that
supports the other functions of the list, but it need not drown out
the positive exchanges, nor should it drive away those who stand
to benefit from remaining members.  I would suggest that a little
positive peer pressure on those who have been posting offensive
material here might be appropriate.

          RWW Taylor
          National Technical Institute for the Deaf
          Rochester Institute of Technology
          Rochester NY 14623