From:   Nathan Lyon [SMTP:lyonn@okstate.edu]
Sent:   Friday, February 13, 1998 8:18 AM
To:     CALC-TI (E-mail)
Subject:        TI-92 Multiplying vectors

I need to multiply and divide complex numbers.  Using e^ixx gives
unpredictable results.  Using [ x, y] vectors will not allow me to multiply
or divide vectors.  Does anybody know how to use vectors like this on the
TI-92?  The instruction manual was of little help.

Let me clarify somewhat.  I would like to be able to divide vectors in
polar format like [3,<30]*[4,<45].  The hp will do this with vectors in
brackets but the ti-92 gives me a dimension vector like it is trying to
multiply matrices.  I hate to go back to (3 + 4I) etc. when I am working in
polar format.  Using e^itheta gives what can only be described as wrong
answers.

Thank you,

Nathan Lyon
lyonn@okstate.edu