Re: need help evaluating a recursuive sequence on ti 86!!!!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: need help evaluating a recursuive sequence on ti 86!!!!!!!!

>I don't know what a "recursive" sequence is, even in math. Perhaps you mean
>iterative. Sequences are iterative if the next value depends on the
previous
>values. Iterations are easy to do, and FAST on the 85. KX(1-X) in
particular is
>superfast.

Recursion is a term used in programming.  It's the technique whereby a
routine calls itself to solve a problem.  A classic example is the
calculation of a factorial. You can have the factorial routine call itself
with sucessively smaller numbers until it reaches 1.

Tom Lake

Follow-Ups: References: