Re: need help evaluating a recursuive sequence on ti 86!!!!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: need help evaluating a recursuive sequence on ti 86!!!!!!!!

I think iteration is just dependent on a(n-1) but recursion can use all
previous ones.

--
Daniel Moraseski
http://members.xoom.com/spui/ - FL and NJ roads
Kasper Vibe Grevsen <"remove"kaspervg@post6.tele.dk> wrote in message
<01be2c12$498f15a0$2f71f9c3@kasper>...
>Hmm I'm not quite sure, but as I've understood it
>
>recursion is when the next result is dependant on previous results e.g.
>when solving differential equations numerically you need a starting point.
>
>whereas
>
>iteration is calculations dependant on previous results BUT approaching a
>fixed point e.g. like Newton-Raphson zero method you (normally) approach
>one fixed point namely the zero.
>
>If this is not right PLEASE notify me because I need it for an exercise.
>

>Kasper Vibe Grevsen

Follow-Ups: References: