Re: (no subject given)

[Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (no subject given)

>>      Well, the reason you need the TIAutoTRype for the mac is because the
type of data that is held in a file is held in the resource fork instead of in
the name so..  you'll just need to make sure the name is less than or equall to
8 characters(including the suffix) and put a '.86P','86S','86G' etc. at the end
of the name.
        Note:  I am unsure of the exact suffix letters for the TI86.<<

        Well I could have said that more clearly.  What I was trying to say is that
Windows uses a suffix to identify what type of data is held in a file while A
mac uses the resource fork of that file to identify what type of data is held
in the file.  So, to help your friend out, you should change the name of the
file so that includes the proper suffix.

SmithwickC