thank you...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

thank you...

To all of those people who sent me messages with suggestions as to how I
might make my Graph-Link cable work: Thank You!

Turns out I didn't have that little bayonnet plug pushed into the Calculator
I/O port far enough.  (why does that sound overtly sexual?)  It now works
fine on my Windows NT machine at work, HOWEVER my Windows 95 machine at home
REFUSES communicate with the calc.  I SUSPECT that it MIGHT have something
to do with my "Winmodem".  I say this because after some digging on the net,
I found out that Winmodems actually replaces the serial.vxd driver that
normally controls serial ports under Win95, with it's own driver.  Perhaps
the GraphLink software doesn't know what to make of the USRobotics serial
driver.

Anyway on to my next question....

Is there another piece of software running under 95 or NT that does the same
thing that Graph-Link does, onlyit's more updated shall we say?

Please excuse my ignorance.....I am an old HP48GX user.  On that note I find
the "92" a joy to use compared to HP's cryptic monster.

Bob