Re: TI8xemu

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI8xemu

> I have been trying to get this rom from a Ti-82 for a very long time
> using 2 different programs. They are romdump82 and ...(I have forgotten
> the name of the other program). But none of them seem's to work - or
> anyway I can't get a romdump from any of them. I use my own homebuild 4$
> linkcable - seriel, and I am do it on a 486 8 ram. The program I am
> using to recieve it with is called Trans8x. And this cable works for
> everything else I can very easy send files between calc and PC. But no
> Rom-dump!!!
> Why... why.....
>
> Or don't you need a rom-dump at all to get TI8xemu to work??? But anyway
> it will not work for me without a rom-dump... is it a romdump that I
> should have to get it to work???
>
> Please answer, I want this 82-emulator to work so that I easyer can try
> my asm programming and se all the mistakes i my program Zylox
>
> Niels

As far as I know, you need either a Graphlink or a parallel link to
download the rom.  The serial link is not supported, at least by the
program I used.  I used the parallel link with Dumpxp and it worked
perfectly (except for the fact that it took at least 15 minutes!).

The TI8xemu needs a rom for whatever calculator you want to emulate.
You need the TI82.ROM file.

Todd

PS.  Try doing a search for a 82 rom.  It isn't really legal, but I
personally know a couple of places where there is a TI86 rom laying
around.