Re: TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-92

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 06:28:16 -0500, Ben Sultenfuss
<bsultenfuss@SFASU.EDU> wrote:

>>         What do you suppose would happen to the poor kid who loses his TI-92
>in
>> a world you're proposing?  He wouldn't even know what the hell x^2
>> equals if x=2.  Maybe that's a bit drastic, but damn.. you have to see
>> the point here.
>> Jerome Hanson
>> jhanson@csci.csusb.edu
>> Blackster@juno.com
>
>What do you do when any tool breaks?
>You get it fixed or you buy a new one.

You can't break the knowledge in your head... but then it's not under
warranty either... ;-)

>Why, when we drive cars and no longer need horses,
>do we continue to teach students how to shovel out the stalls.

No, but we have to show that we know why and how a car works before we
even get permission to drive on our own...

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

"Worlds only harmonica-playing dog. Tuppence."
        -- Gaspode the wonder dog
           (Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)

Follow-Ups: References: