From:   Open discussion of TI Graphing Calculators  On Behalf Of Alexis
Sent:   Friday, September 12, 1997 9:07 AM
To:     CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject:        Help needed with csolve function on the 92

Hello !

Yesterday I had to solve the following equation :
(-3+i)x=B2+(5i-1)x+2=3D0
I tried it with the csolve fucntion and all I got was an approximation. I
thus tried to use the well known quadratic formula within a function
(-b+/-sqr(b=B2-4ac)/2a) and I got the exact answer. How is that possible =
?
Doesn't the 92 use this formula to solve that kind of equation ?
Anyway, I'd like to write a function that would extract the a,b and c fro=
a quadratic equation and display the solutions as a list but I can't figu=
re
how to extract the coefs. Has anyone an idea ?

TIA

Alexis