Re: HELP!!!! TI-86 Owner is Lost!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HELP!!!! TI-86 Owner is Lost!!!!

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997 15:07:58 -0400, Matthew Johnson <matt514@GTE.NET>
wrote:

 enter after the .end).

>I usually use a simple program as a template to narrow down stupid errors
>like that.

I am thinking of writing all the asm in HAL. that way I won't have to
worry about all the complaining of TASM. Since HAL  converts hal code
to an ASM file and then calls TASM, you can inspect the ASM file and
see if HAL is adding stuff you don't want.

>>Is anyone writing something better and simpler like NASM*? I am
>
>I always liked TASM (Turbo Assembler), since many of the tutorials are
>written for it, and the support
>of "ideal mode" and since its fairly easy to find using FTP search at
>http://ftpsearch.ntnu.no/ftpsearch  :-)

When you use NASM for a bit, nearly all intel asm programmers like it
more than any other assembler (masm, t(urbo)asm). Main reason is
simply the excellent macro support, ability to output to any formats
in use by intel 80x86es (Unix a.out, elf, os/2 obj, windows obj, dos
obj, com, bin, etcetera.) also, it doesn't make you second-guess. But,
i am digressing, it isn't important to the list.